Children are often at increased risk of developing cavities, which can damage their oral health and smile. Dr. Derrick Cantu and Dr. Christi Wengler offer dental fillings to repair and restore your child’s teeth after they have developed a cavity. Here at Pediatric Dentistry of San Antonio, we use only composite, or tooth-colored, dental fillings to ensure that your child’s final result looks completely natural.
What Are Dental Fillings?
Dental fillings are a simple restorative treatment. They work by literally “filling in” the damaged portions of a tooth, restoring its shape, strength, function, health and appearance. Our pediatric dentists typically recommend fillings if your child develops a cavity or sustains other minor tooth damage, such as fracturing or chipping. Fillings can be completed in a single visit to our office.
First, our pediatric dentists and team will ensure that your child is comfortable. We will provide a local anesthetic or another sedation option, and after your child is at ease, we will thoroughly clean their tooth to prepare it to receive the filling. The filling material is then placed and shaped before being hardened to give them a lasting restoration.
Benefits of Composite Dental Fillings
We have chosen to use only tooth-colored fillings to give your child the healthiest and most aesthetic treatment possible. Benefits of composite fillings include:
- A completely natural-looking final result
- A filling material that provides greater support for the structural integrity of the tooth
- Reduced risk of the treated tooth breaking or fracturing in the future
- Reduced sensitivity to temperature changes such as those caused by foods and beverages
- Increased resistance of the treated tooth to decay and leaks
- The ability to correct cavities that would be too small for a silver amalgam filling
- Fillings that can be repaired and replaced without being removed from the tooth
- A biocompatible filling material that is safe for use
Make An Appointment
For more information about composite dental fillings in San Antonio, Texas, and to schedule your child’s appointment, give us a call at 210-680-7841!